Thursday, September 13, 2012

Scent of Rain

The forecast today called for "abundant sunshine".  So what a nice surprise when we had a sudden downpour of rain.  I've had the windows open for the past few days enjoying the cooler weather and the breeze, so it was especially nice to be able to hear the raindrops falling.  But what really struck me just a few minutes after it started was the unmistakable scent of rain wafting in through the windows.  There's nothing like it.  I think it touches something elemental in us because rain fills such a basic human need.  We've had a lot of it this summer, but with the a/c on you miss out on that scent.  Not today.  It hit me, and I breathed it in deeply, closed my eyes, and thanked God for the blessing.  I found Him today in the awesome scent of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment