Sunday, September 16, 2012

Recipe Book

Ask anyone who cooks dinner on a regular basis, and they'll tell you how tedious it gets preparing the same dishes over and over again.  They may be favorites, but sometimes you just want to mix it up.  That's the rut I've been in lately.  Mainly, because of time.  It's just easier to fix your go-to recipes that don't take much thought.  But today, I decided to take the time and go through my recipe binder which is where I keep the recipes that I know work.  I found recipes from my mom, my mother-in-law, other friends, and family members that I no longer keep in touch with.  It's funny but no matter how old a recipe is, you always remember who you got it from.  I was looking for some dinner inspiration and ended up with a trip down memory lane.  I found a couple of recipes that I wanted to make this week, and I know I'll be thinking of the person I got them from as I'm cooking.  Food, love, family, friends... they all blend together not just at the table, but in the kitchen - starting with treasured recipes.  Today, I found God in my recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment