Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Bench

We moved here a little over five years ago, and even though I love where we live, there's so much about our house and yard that I want to change.  I had lived in our old house in Maryland for 25 years, and we had just gotten it the way we wanted it shortly before we moved.  I've often said if I could have picked up that house and moved it here, I would have.  But little by little, we're getting this house the way we want it.  Today, we (by "we" I mean Jeff!) took down some ugly plants that had been here since we moved in and put in a pretty bench.  We had a similar bench at our old house, and I always liked how it made the house look more welcoming.  All the summer stuff is on sale now so it was the perfect time to buy one, but we almost didn't see it. We didn't like the ones on display and were about to leave when we saw a couple of boxes at the back, and lo and behold, there was the perfect bench!  It seems such a small thing, but it made me so happy to see it all set up (again, it was Jeff who put it together!).  That little bench was another small step towards making this house "our" home, and that is where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment