Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Toy Story

My son, his girlfriend, and her seven year old daughter (Chelsea) got here last night for a visit, and what should have been a day at the beach or the pool was spent indoors because of the rain.  Bummer.  Chelsea is pretty good at occupying herself with Legos, coloring, etc., but there's only so much of that a seven year old can take.  So we pulled out the big guns - videos!  I still have a lot of old Disney movies from when my kids were young so we went through them and she chose "Toy Story" - one of my favorites!  We were watching right along with her, and Morgan and I were quoting lines along with the characters.  ("That's not flying! That's falling with style", "I'm Mrs. Nesbitt - see the hat?!")  It brought back great memories of watching these movies when I had little ones.  (The first time Jeff saw the "fight" scene between Woody and Buzz Lightyear, he laughed so hard, he was jumping up and down!) It turned out to be a nice day in spite of our lack of outdoor activities with the highlight being "Toy Story".  I found God today reminiscing about an old movie with my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment