Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lucille

Lucille, a member of our church family and a neighbor is one of my favorite people.  She is always so well-put-together, friendly, and good-natured.  I don't know how old she is, but I can only hope to be that active when I'm her age.  That woman can walk like crazy!  I walk every day but she could out-walk me anytime.  She hosted coffee hour today, and Jeff was telling her how much he liked the juice she brought.  She told him it was just Food Lion brand apple juice, and we had a little laugh over how much he liked such a plain juice.  We went out for a while after church, and when we got home we had a message from Lucille.  She had called to tell him it was white grape juice!  Still Food Lion brand but white grape juice.  We got such a kick out of that.  First that he couldn't tell it wasn't apple juice which was just plain funny, but second that she had taken the time to call.  What a sweetheart!  I listened to her message, and then played it again for Jeff.  We both smiled and commented on what a great lady she is.  I found God today in my most impressive friend, Lucille, and her sweet and thoughtful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment