Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Moment of Respite

It wasn't the best day.  I had a lot of driving around to do along with an eye doctor's appointment this morning.  That appointment totally derailed my day.  First, they had some kind of urgent walk-in right before my appointment that took quite a while, then the doctor had to dilate my eyes. For some reason, I didn't remember it taking so long to get back to normal after that.  It was close to five hours before I felt like I could drive safely which meant I got next to nothing accomplished today.  When I could finally see again, I had to stop by town hall.  They moved the entrance to the side about a year or so ago which I normally see as a minor annoyance, but today was different.  When I came around the side of the building, a strong breeze enveloped me and stopped me in my tracks.  I took a few seconds just to relish it and realized I could see the ocean from there.  I don't think I've ever noticed that before.  It was dark blue and choppy, and there were big, billowy clouds hanging over it.  It was an awesome moment of respite in a day that had been feeling so stressful.  It took me down a notch - right where I should have been all along.  After all, there was nothing I missed doing today that can't be done tomorrow.  And I wouldn't have been in that spot this afternoon if I could have gotten there this morning.  God's timing strikes again, and I'm so grateful for it.  It was like He slapped me upside the head with that strong breeze and said, "Get over it!"  I did, and I found Him in that restful moment at the entrance to town hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment