Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reassuring Words

Morgan left this morning, and I've been on the verge of tears all day which is very unlike me.  His work schedule is busier than ever so his visits are fewer and farther between.  Jeff is gone, too.  He's usually away during the week and home on the weekend, but he had a family reunion to go to this weekend.  However, I don't think it was either of those things that was causing my melancholy.  I'm almost never lonely.  I love my alone time and can always find something to keep myself occupied.  I think it's more the weight of life lately.  Things have been very hectic, and we've had a lot of stress, but we've been so busy I haven't really had time to think on it.  So I think it's more like the crash after an adrenaline rush.  Today was the first true quiet I've had in a long time, and I've just felt at a loss all day.  I sat down to get my thoughts together and to pray.  I asked God to help me find Him in my day and what immediately ran through my head was, "I am with you always."  It brought tears to my eyes, and I felt a release.  I didn't even realize what I needed, but He did.  The reassurance I felt from those words was just what I needed to hear, and that is where I found Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment