Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bright Spot

It was overcast most of the morning.  I had a lot of running around to do so that was fine with me - it made it slightly cooler.  It was still cloudy when I got home and was putting things away in the kitchen.  I was rinsing dishes at the sink when I glanced out the window and saw a large bright patch on the ground in the empty wooded lot next door.  I started to look away, and then thought, "Wait a minute."  I looked back and just could not figure out where that bright spot was coming from.  Obviously, it was the sun, but there didn't seem to be a noticeable break in the clouds overhead.  I stood staring at it for a while, and then went on with my chores.  It's still a little baffling to me, but I like what it did for my morning.  Life has been non-stop hectic for the past week or so, and that patch of light reminded me that there's always a bright spot.  No matter what's going on, no matter how negative a whole day is feeling, when I sit down to write this blog, I look for that bright spot - that moment where God is shining through the grey of my day.  Today, I found Him literally in the bright spot outside my kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment