Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer Rainshower

We came home after church and were heading right back out to pick up a couple things.  It was bright and sunny, and we were only in the house a few minutes, but when we came back out to the car in the garage, I heard was sounded almost like applause.  My first thought was, "Well, thank you!  No one knows how to open a car door quite like I do!  Just kidding :)  Jeff and I both looked around confused for a few seconds.  I thought it might be the wind in the leaves, but it wasn't windy.  Then Jeff said, "It's raining!"  I had to look hard to see it at first - and granted my eyes aren't the best - but it was a fairly heavy rain coming down with the sun shining brightly.  It was splattering against the leaves so much that it sounded like the applause I had confused it for.  I've seen it rain on sunny days before, but add in my initial confusion and it was almost like the weather was playing games with me.  It made laugh with delight.  A summer rainshower on a bright sunny day - totally unexpected, totally fun, and the added benefit of not having to water my flowers again!  Guess where I found God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment