Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fudge

As you may know by now, I have to eat a gluten and dairy free diet.  What you may not know is that I'm an extreme chocoholic.  I found ways to adapt most of my favorite foods, but I figured fudge was out of the picture.  Good fudge has butter, cream, etc.  But I saw a recipe for dairy-free fudge and being desperate, I decided to try it.  I'm so glad I did.  It uses coconut milk which is about as creamy as you can get outside of real dairy cream.  But because of the chocolate, you don't taste the coconut flavor at all.  All you get is rich, creamy, chocolatey fudge - woohoo!!  We're having company this week so I decided to make some today, and oh, my, goodness.  All I have to say at this point is I found God in my rich, creamy, totally non-dairy fudge today.

No comments:

Post a Comment