Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Canopy of Green

I'm still on my kick of looking for all things "cool" on these hot, hot days.  Today I found it in my driveway.  I walked out of the house to get the mail, and the heat hit me in the face.  As I walked down the driveway toward the mailbox, I realized I was enveloped in the shade from the trees on either side of the drive.  These are pretty tall trees, but I don't think they've met over the driveway until this year.  It was so cool (wink!) to be sheltered from the sun by their canopy of green leaves.  They shaded me almost all the way to the mailbox, and when I stepped out from under the branches back into the sun - wow, what a difference.  I love how those trees have grown to meet each other - it's almost as if they're reaching for each other - and I found God today in their cool, sheltering leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment