Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Sweet Husband

We didn't take the time to walk this morning because we wanted to get out and do some things before the Saturday crowds.  I decided to go this afternoon, but I only had a limited time before I had to get dinner prepped.  Jeff wanted to go with me, but he had work to do and just couldn't get it done in time. I set out and was actually enjoying the walk somewhat in spite of the heat because there was a nice breeze most of the way.  But mainly, I just wanted to get it done.  At least until I started to come up to that last rise in the road when who should I see coming over the hill from the other direction?  My sweet husband!  He had finished up and rushed out to meet me before the walk was over.  It made my heart turn over to see his smiling face heading towards me.  It's funny - if he hadn't done that, I really wouldn't have thought anything of it.  I didn't feel like I was missing anything.  But because he did show up, I felt like I had missed him the whole way.  I guess it's a case of being happy with what you have.  But I have to say I was much happier with him beside me.  Today, I found God the moment I saw Jeff's face as he was coming over the rise in the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment