Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Three Robins

It seems like every time we turn around lately, something else is breaking down and needs to be replaced.  Consequently, money is tight.  So as far as getting things we want - as opposed to what we need - we've been doing without and making the best of what we have.  For the most part, this doesn't bother me.  I know we've been blessed in many ways, and that others have it much worse than we do in these tough economic times.  But if I needed any further encouragement,  I saw the ultimate example of making the best of what you have today.  I was driving home when I noticed something splashing in a puddle up ahead in the road.  As I got closer, I saw it was three robins.  Three of them in a fairly small puddle just splashing away in their makeshift birdbath.  It made me smile; it made me think how often good things come in threes; and it made me think how resourceful those little birds were to put that leftover rainwater to good use.  It strengthened my resolve to make do.  I found God today in the lesson of the three robins and a roadside puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment