Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Morning"

On my walk this morning, I saw two kids on bikes coming towards me as they were headed to school.  I always like the start of the school year even though it doesn't directly affect me anymore.  Partly, because it means fall is on the way, and it's my favorite season.  But also because I used to love the start of the school year as a kid - buying new school supplies, new clothes...  Actually, that was the beginning and end of what I loved about the start of school. :)  But I digress.  The kids were headed towards me on their bikes, and as they passed, I said hello.  They sort of looked up but didn't say anything and just pedaled on past.  A few minutes later, two more kids were headed my way so I tried again.  "Hello!" I said.  One child just cycled past; the other one - a sweet-faced little blond girl - looked up and said, "Morning." She was so cute with her little bike helmet and backpack!  And the "Morning" sounded so grown-up coming from such a little one.  Her "Morning" made my morning, and that's where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment