Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lutherpalian

Emmanuel Lutheran worships at the other end of our building.  At times, when either Father Tom or Father Keith is away, we have a combined service which they have dubbed "Lutherpalian".  It's different for both congregations in that it's part Episcopal and part Lutheran.  But what's the same is why we're all there - to worship, to give thanks, to pray, find peace, and healing.  We had a combined service today, and I have to admit at times I felt a little out of my element; a little uncomfortable.  But then I realized that's not such a bad thing.  I was paying close attention to things because it was different so it made me more aware of God among us.  I love our usual service, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  But I enjoy these combined services, also.  Seeing our two congregations come together for a common goal and in such a companionable way is uplifting.  It did my heart good, and I found God at our "Lutherpalian" service today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment