Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Nap

After lunch today, I had a short stretch of time with nothing to do.  So I sat on the couch, and just stared out the window.  I was thinking of things I should do versus things I wanted to do.  The longer I sat still, the heavier my eyelids got.  I could feel a blanket of sleep trying to wrap around me.  I tried to fight it for a few minutes, but then I just gave in.  I stretched out on the couch, closed my eyes, and let sleep take me.  It was fabulous!  I so rarely nap during the day because it disrupts my nighttime sleep, but today I just let myself enjoy giving into that incredibly drowsy feeling.  What a treat!  I slept for less than a half hour, but it was pure bliss.  Not just the nap itself, but that point of letting go.  Today I found God in that blissful release and the welcoming nap that followed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment