Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Frozen Fruit Bar

Today I found God in a comical moment which I know isn't that unusual.  What is unusual is that the comedy was Jeff eating a frozen fruit bar.   I doubt I'll be able to convey the humor - it was one of those "you had to be there" moments.  He wanted an italian ice from Rita's, but we didn't feel like driving out. So I told him I had Edy's frozen strawberry fruit bars in the freezer.  I've been with Jeff for 14 years so I know he doesn't like to eat popsicles because he says they hurt his teeth.  I explained that the strawberry flavor has a slightly different texture and finally talked him into trying it.  He started out just licking it like a lollipop which was bad enough, but then it started getting drippy so he was trying to get the whole thing in his mouth.  And then - horror of horrors! - he actually bit it!  I held my breath waiting for the Owww!!, but instead got hmmm... pretty good.  I was laughing at his elaborate technique, and he was laughing at me watching him so intently (along with my commentary!).  You have to know Jeff, and you really had to be there, but I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard.  It was such a fun, lighthearted moment, and a great place to find God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment