Sunday, July 8, 2012

Heat Wave

It was insanely hot again today.  This heat wave just doesn't want to loosen it's grip on us.  As I was sitting here thinking, praying, and meditating about what to write in my blog today, the unrelenting heat wouldn't leave my mind.  I always ask God to help me to know what He wants me to write about so I'm thinking, "Heat?  Am I hearing You right, Lord?".  Then I thought about how I feel this intense heat is a sign of God's great power in the natural world.  How it totally envelops us... just like His love. Ah hah... there it is.  Just like the heat, He won't loosen His grip on us either.  No matter how far we stray, no matter how we might want to say "Cool it, God, I've got this", He stays... He holds us in His grip.  His great power in the world is just more evidence of His great power in our lives if we only allow it to be.  The heat is so obvious - like a slap upside the head.  Why don't we see His power in our lives just as easily?  I guess that's just part of being human.  Sometimes we need a big sign like a massive heat wave to bring us out of the minutiae of our daily lives and make us stand up and take notice.  Well, I hear you, Lord.  When I feel this heat pressing down on me, I'll think of Your love surrounding me, pushing into my body and out through my pores.  This is a day where God found me as the heat crept higher and higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment