Thursday, July 12, 2012

Raindrops

I write about rain a lot because I just love it.  As much as I love a gorgeous sunny day, if I had my druthers, I'd usually opt for a rainy one.  (What is a druther, anyway?)  Maybe it's just because rainy days are more rare.  And after the heat wave last week, they were especially welcome.  This morning, in particular, the rain really touched me.  I looked out the window, and it was falling so gently;  raindrops lightly dotting the pond.  It was so serene and so calming - I just stood there watching it for a while.  It stopped not long after that, but as I went about my day, my mind kept going back to that scene.  Every time I thought of it, I felt my mind ease.  I found God today in the tranquility of raindrops on the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment