Friday, July 27, 2012

Small Stuff

It's very late for me, and it's been a long, arduous day.  It started out just fine, and then something went wrong with my car.  I could tell it was a transmission problem, and I knew it was bad.  We went to two places here on the beach and neither could fix it.  So we tried driving to Elizabeth City, and broke down halfway there.  We got a tow to the Honda dealership and found out it would cost over $6,000.00 to repair. It took them two hours to tell us that.  We wandered around between the extreme heat outside and the overly cool air inside.  Oh, and I stepped in gum.  It was a grand day.  We ended up making the decision to lease a new car.  Jeff had driven behind me so he went home to take care of the pets and do some work while I finished up.  We had gotten there a 1 p.m. - I didn't finish and get back on the road until 8:30.  I was feeling seriously demoralized when I finally walked out of the building to come home.  Then I looked up at the sky and saw a bright pink strip on the horizon as the sun was finally letting go of the day.  It was beautiful... and I let go with it.  It was so big and beautiful, and it put my day into perspective.  It was a long, hard day, but it's really just small stuff.  All I have to do is see that gorgeous sky or the immense ocean, and it makes all my big problems seem small.  I found God today when He touched my heart through that beautiful pink sunset and put all my problems in their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment