Friday, July 6, 2012

"Cool" Sound

I was sitting inside on this sweltering hot day enjoying the breeze from the various fans we have running when I suddenly realized I was listening to something I only hear in the summer - the sound of my capiz shell wind chimes.  It's too delicate to be outdoors so we have it hanging inside.  The problem with that is I only get to hear them when the fans are running, and the fans are only running in the summer!  So it dawned on me as I was enjoying their icy tinkling that I now link the sound of those chimes to summer along with crickets, lawnmowers, thunder...  It's become a gentle sign of the season for me, and I found God in their soothing, somehow cooling sound.  (You can hear them in the clip at the bottom of this post.)




No comments:

Post a Comment