Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Flowers in the Marsh

It's been averaging 80 degrees when I walk in the morning which is usually around 6 a.m.  When it's that hot, I don't notice too much around me - I just want to get home and out of the heat.  But today, there was a wonderful breeze blowing, and it made all the difference in the world.  I got to relax and pay attention to the world around me.  And what I noticed were the beautiful flowers growing in the marsh.  Most of the year, it just looks like a tangle of green, but seemingly overnight so many flowers bloomed.  We own a small bit of marshland and tried to grow some wildflowers there ourselves but to no avail.  God, on the other hand, has no problem at all growing flowers wherever He wants them - even in the brackish, dense growth of the marsh.  It's seems similar to what He does with us; growing flowers of light, love, and peace within us, no matter how infertile the soil of our soul seems to be at times.  I found Him today in those pretty flowers growing in a most improbable place.




No comments:

Post a Comment