Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Philippians 4:13

I haven't been sleeping well lately.  I fall asleep just fine, but I wake up way too early and just can't get back to sleep.  Then I spend the whole day with an achy head and feeling slightly groggy.  Well today was an extra busy day, and it felt like all I could do to get through it.  Every time I thought I had finished up for the day, I thought of one more thing I had to do.  Finally, I sat down to write my blog.  It's hard to find God on days like today when every minute seems filled with "stuff".  I know He's there in that "stuff"; I know He's with me always.  But to pinpoint a moment to write about...  I had read one of my devotionals right when I woke up this morning, but I was in such a rush I couldn't remember what it said.  I opened it again and saw one of my all-time favorite passages from Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." How could I have forgotten that from just this morning?  It's proof that we all need to stop, and breathe, and connect with our God.  I just about cried when I saw those words - that's how badly I needed to hear them.  I can do all things through Him, I just need to take the time to lean on His strength a little more often.  That's where I found my God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment