Saturday, June 2, 2012

Reach for the Sun

My sister-in-law is visiting us this weekend, and we decided to take her to Nags Head Woods Preserve.  While she and Jeff took a short hike, I stayed at the visitor's center to take a few pictures.  I took the usual ones - which are always beautiful by the way - of the trees and algae-covered water.  Then I turned and looked down and saw these tiny little plants poking through the algae.  The play of sun and shadow over them was just beautiful.  Out of all the gorgeous sights we saw today, those little plants stuck with me the most.  They struggle their way up through the algae and reach for the sun.  Isn't that something we all can relate to?  It was a beautiful sight and it made me smile - and that's where I found God today.


1 comment:

  1. Amazingly cool picture, but the struggle these plants go through does not compare with the one I went through trying to fend off suicidal flies on that hike!!

    ReplyDelete