Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

My dad is the quiet type.  When we were kids, he took us for drives in the country and walks in the park.  He showed me how to eat the "honey" out of honeysuckle.  Jeff is not the quiet type.  He had watergun fights with our kids.  He took them out in a boat (i.e. small, inflatable raft) in the ocean and promptly dumped them in the water when the first big wave hit.  My dad will get to laughing so hard that tears run down his cheeks.  Jeff laughs so hard he has to jump up and down to get it all out.  These two men - the two fathers in my life - are so very different, yet so alike in their love for their families.  I thank God for them both.  And today on Father's Day, I found God in the blessing of sharing Father's Day with these two wonderful men.

No comments:

Post a Comment