Friday, June 8, 2012

The Bridge

We had to drive up to Chesapeake for car repairs today.  The repair took several hours so we drove around, stopping here and there, just killing time.  It reminds me a lot of where we used to live in Maryland five years ago - congested, heavy traffic, etc.  It's not all bad.  We like to go to Barnes & Noble and eat in some of the restaurants there, but it was a relief when my car was finally ready.  The drive home wasn't "weekend beach traffic" heavy, but it was a little more than normal.  So when we finally got to the bridge, and I looked out over the expanse of the sound, I breathed a sigh of relief... and relaxed.  Home.  Is there anything better?  I've come to love this place more than I ever imagined - the sound, the ocean, the marsh, the community, all of it.  And the contrast between here and Chesapeake is drastic - at least to me it is.  I found God today on the Wright Memorial Bridge - the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment