Saturday, June 23, 2012

Change Of Perception

I've mentioned some of our big financial hits lately here in my blog.  Well yesterday I decided to sell Avon again to earn a little extra money.  I've been a representative twice in the past but never really did too well with it.  So I called Avon yesterday, and they put me in touch with someone to get me started.  Her name was Angela, and we arranged for her to come out to talk to me today.  I was pretty skeptical about succeeding with this because of my past experience, but after meeting Angela I felt so encouraged.  She was so nice and helpful without being pushy.  She said she'd be in touch on a regular basis to help me whenever needed.  I never had that before.  The company always just sent me my stuff and left me to sink or swim on my own.  I don't know if the company changed as a whole, or if I just got lucky being connected with Angela.  I went from feeling trepidation about the whole idea to actually being excited about it!  All because of someone who cares about doing a good job - not just making a sale.  When you come across someone like that, it can make all the difference in how you perceive things.  I still can't say for sure whether I will succeed in this or not, but I perceive this whole venture with enthusiasm now because of Angela.  And it's in that most welcome change of perception that I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment