Monday, June 18, 2012

A Little Paradise

When I sat down to do my blog, I was finding it hard to pick out one particular thing to write about on a quiet, ordinary day like today.  But I prayed about it, and the image I saw was me walking back up the driveway after watering the flowers around our mailbox.  The cool breeze just barely moving over my skin felt amazing, and I smiled.  Then I went out back to water and listened to the fountain flowing into our pool, watched a duck waddle across the yard, and caught a faint whiff of jasmine from the last blooms on the vine.  All these awesome things happened within the span of a few minutes, and I realized this was not an ordinary day at all.  For there was a little paradise nestled within the ordinary, and that is where I found God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment