Thursday, June 7, 2012

By The Side Of The Road

It's funny how something unexpected can come out of your everyday routine.  I was walking my usual route today when I stopped on the road for some reason - I don't remember what it was.  But when I glanced over at the pond, I saw the most idyllic little setting.  I've passed this spot hundreds of times, but somehow today, standing in just the right place, with just the right angle of the sun, the usual scene became something special.  How often do we pass by something or someone without noticing what's unique or special about them?  I know my answer is pretty often.  God stopped me there in that spot and showed me something special in the ordinary.  I think that's something I need to do more often.  Today God found me and opened my eyes under a tree by the side of the road.






No comments:

Post a Comment