Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cornbread

I love cornbread.  When I had to start eating gluten and dairy free, I thought cornbread would be a no-brainer.  It's made with cornmeal, right?  Yep, but every recipe I found also had flour and milk.  Once I had mastered good substitutions for those ingredients, I thought I'd be all set.  But then I couldn't find a good recipe.  I had never made it prior to being gluten and dairy free so I didn't already have one.  I tried several before finally giving in and making the one right on the Quaker Cornmeal box.  It was awesome!  Even adapted with my ingredients it's moist, delicious, and not too sweet - like the good southern cornbread my mom used to make.  Not that cake-like stuff you get in restaurants.  Though I have to admit, I like that too - but it's not real cornbread.  So why am I waxing prolific about cornbread?  I made some today, and it was so incredibly good!  I bit into that hot, steamy cornbread, and yes, I found God there today.



No comments:

Post a Comment