Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Puppydogs

I looked out the front door on this hot, sunny day, and a small, pink glow caught my eye.  It was the sun shining through my deep red snapdragons.  I love snapdragons mainly because of my mom.  Being from the South, she always called them "puppydogs".   She'd squeeze the blossoms on the side and make them "bark" for me while making barking sounds herself - it's one of my favorite childhood memories.  So when I saw this mix of red, yellow, and pink snapdragons, I had to buy them if for no other reason  than to watch them bark again.  They bloomed nicely at first, then faded, and then a couple days ago the red ones bloomed again.  They're so dark red as to be approaching black - at least when they're not in bright sunlight.  So when I looked out and saw this glow, I just had to get a picture.  It's amazing how sunlight transforms colors.  I found God today in the pink glow of my deep red puppydogs.





No comments:

Post a Comment