Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Hi!"

I was taking a walk on this gorgeous afternoon - enjoying the cool breeze, lost in my own thoughts - when I heard a small voice call out "Hi!".  I kept walking because I didn't think it was directed at me.  Then I heard again, "Hi!", a little louder this time.  I was just passing the fire department, and when I looked over I saw a small boy sitting on the tailgate of a big truck (I think it was a fire truck but I was so startled I didn't really notice!).  He was waving his arm and yelling out "hi" to me.  So I smiled and waved and said "hi" back to him.  What a friendly child!  And it was such an endearing scene - a little boy in the back of a big truck waving his arm and swinging his feet on a beautiful sunny, breezy day.  It could have been out of a movie.  But it wasn't.  It was real life here on the Outer Banks - my life.  No matter what's weighing me down, God always gives me little reminders of all I have to be thankful for, and I am so thankful for my life here.  God sent my reminder today in the cheerful "Hi!" from that friendly little boy, and that is where I found Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment