Thursday, June 28, 2012

My First Customer

I'm not even a week into my new Avon business so I guess it's not surprising that it didn't feel like a real business to me.  I've been handing out lots of books and contacting people online, but so far I hadn't gotten any feedback in any way.  Then just a little while ago, my sister-in-law, Laura, called to tell me she had placed an online order through my website!  She said she wanted to be my first customer.  I was very happy to finally have an order because it made the whole thing feel legitimate to me.  But more importantly, I was touched by her thoughtfulness.  There's a special feeling that comes from finding out that someone was thinking of you when you've been busy going about your day.  It elevates your whole day out of the ordinary.  It's something I strive to do for the people in my life, and I hope I succeed sometimes at making them feel the way Laur made me feel.  Today I found God in the thoughtfulness of my first customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment