Friday, October 7, 2022

The Wallet

Tuesday, October 4, 2022.  I have a love/hate relationship with technology.  I think a lot of people my age feel the same way.  I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s and often feel nostalgic for those days when people weren’t so reliant on a screen to function in daily life.  Nowadays, I do all of my banking and shopping online.  It’s a good thing, too, especially with my illness.  It was an especially good thing for Jeff a couple of days ago.  He was a few hours into his trip to Maryland when he realized he didn’t have his wallet.  I finally found it in my car but that wasn’t helping him buy gas when his tank was almost empty.  Then I remembered that you can use your credit card through your phone even though neither of us had ever done that.  So I read off his information to him, he entered it into his phone, and voila! He was able to pay for his gas.  Back in the old days that I romanticize he would have had no choice but to drive back home, so even though the good old days are still good, these days are good, too.  And I find God in both.  


No comments:

Post a Comment