Sunday, October 23, 2022

Chicken Of The Sea

Saturday, October 22, 2022.  I mentioned eating caviar a few days ago, but that wasn’t the ickiest thing I’ve ever eaten - it was frog legs!  Where on earth my mom got frog legs, I’ll never know, but she fried them up and coaxed us into eating them.  She kept telling us they were “chicken of the sea”.  I was super skeptical, but it did look like a really small chicken drumstick, so I finally took a bite.  And guess what?  It was really good!  It really did taste like chicken. Haha!!  When I finally found out what it was, I almost died, and there is no way I will ever eat it again no matter how good it is.  Some people are open to that kind of thing - I’m not one of them.  But as I said, my mom was a great cook so she even made frog legs taste good to me.  God put so many wonderful foods in the world for us to eat, and at this point in my life, I can only tolerate a small portion of them.  Though “chicken of the sea” will never be included in that list, it still gives me and my sister a good laugh when we remember it, and that’s where I find God in this little story (but not in frog legs!).  


No comments:

Post a Comment