Friday, October 21, 2022

The Unknown

Thursday, October 20, 2022.  Fear is often based in the unknown.  I’ve been dealing with that a lot lately.  When the nodules in my lung were first found, I was afraid of cancer.  Now that I know for sure it’s not cancer, I’m afraid of just how bad this infection is.  The doctor said it could take several weeks for the cultures they took in the bronchoscopy to produce results.  So until then, there’s no way to know exactly how to treat it.  I’ve read that sometimes you need to take antibiotics for as long as a year, and that they can cause serious side effects.  More fear.  Maybe my infection isn’t that bad; there’s no way to know till I get those results.  So unknown = fear.  But there is One who knows exactly what’s going on with me, and He tells me to trust Him.  It’s really hard, and it’s takes almost constant re-centering; constant prayer (Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17) But when I do that, I see that He has always been there for me; He has always gotten me through.  So no matter what type of infection this is or how difficult it may be to deal with, He’ll get me through it.  I’ll pray until He calms my fear.  Prayer = peace.  My future is unknown to me, but there is no “unknown” to God.  And since I know God, that’s good enough for me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment