Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Coffee With Jesus

Tuesday, October 11, 2022.  I’ve always been a tea drinker.  I liked the taste of coffee, I just always preferred tea.  I drink my first cup of tea in the morning while I catch up on email, go through my to-do list, scroll social media, etc.  But in an effort to get a little more energy, I started having a cup of coffee after my tea.  By this point, I’m done with screen time for a while and usually dealing with some sensory overload and a woozy head.  So I just rest my head on my chair and sip my coffee.  The house is quiet; I’m looking out into our courtyard watching the sky lighten and the birds and chipmunks start their day.  And in the peace of these moments, I started talking to Jesus.  It wasn’t a conscious thing at first, but now it is and I treasure it.  This illness has taken a lot from me, but it’s also given.  It’s given me time to get closer to my Savior, to increase my faith, to look for joy in the tiniest things, and for that I’m so grateful.  Coffee with Jesus - what a blessing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment