Thursday, October 20, 2022

Forgiveness

Wednesday, October 19, 2022.  Forgiveness is probably one of the most difficult things we humans struggle with.  As hard as it can be, I can forgive most things done to me, but do something to my children?  That’s a whole other story.  Even though they’re both grown adults, I still find it hard to forgive anyone who has hurt them at any point in their lives.  From their childhood through today, I can see with glaring intensity the times they were hurt and it still feels like a punch to the gut.  I want to go back and start ripping limbs; not very Christian, I know, and therein lies the struggle.  Jesus tells us to forgive.  And now I wonder if He does that more for us than for the person we’re forgiving.  He knows that anger can eat you up inside, and He loves us so much that He doesn’t want that for us.  He wants us to live peaceful, happy lives, and how can you do that if you’re holding onto negative feelings?  But He also knows we’re human, so when we go to that dark place in our hearts, He provides a light; a way back.  That’s what I reach for when I’m struggling to forgive, and ultimately, that light fills me till there’s no more room for the darkness.  I find peace again.  The more time goes on, the less a particular incident rears its ugly head, but whenever it does, He promises to be there for us over and over again.  No matter how much we need, He’s there to give it.  He forgives us because He loves us. He shines His light on the path out of the darkness, we just need to follow it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment