Friday, October 14, 2022

Crocheting Again

Wednesday, October 12, 2022.  I started my crochet design business about four years ago, and it was growing steadily up until the summer of 2021 when this illness hit me.  I managed to finish a couple of small pieces last fall but wasn’t able to get them ready to go until this past summer.  Then it took me another few months to even get one of those posted. It’s quite a process.  Crocheting is the fun part; the rest, not so much.  Writing up the pattern, taking photographs, getting it posted everywhere… it takes a lot of time and effort.  Plus, I’ve struggled with the energy to even keep my hands moving for the actual crochet work.  So I had pretty much decided that I was done.  Then a few days ago, my contact at Lion Brand Yarn got in touch asking if I had anything new.  That was all it took to spark the desire in me to create something.  I started looking at yarn and came up with an idea.  Next step was doing a yarn request.  I was doing okay until they needed to know a completion date.  It’s so hard to schedule anything these days because I never know how I’ll be from one day to the next.  I asked for December or January saying that I would do my best to finish by December.  I was wondering if they would need to scrap the whole thing, when Mark (my contact) got back to me saying “there’s no need to rush creativity, January is fine”. I was so relieved, and so touched. They’ve always been really great to work with so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, but they are running a business so I kind of was.  We live in a world where the dollar rules in so many ways.  It’s so encouraging to find the opposite.  Kindness, empathy, consideration… it’s all out there, even in the business world.  And I find God in that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment