Monday, October 17, 2022

Little Gifts

Sunday, October 16, 2022.  I get sensory overload these days from the ME/CFS.  I have to look away from anything that’s fast-moving or flickering which means a lot of stuff on television, but even when I’m in the car I have to look ahead of me because looking out the side window can be too much.  I also have a problem with sounds so I can only take so much conversation before I need quiet to rest my head.  One of the main things I miss is music.  I can listen a little if it’s the only thing playing, but I can’t tolerate it for very long while I’m doing something else.  I used to listen while I cooked, cleaned, etc., but of course I can’t do much of that anymore anyway.  One pleasant sound I do get to enjoy these days is my chimes.  I have a capiz shell wind chime that used to hang outside.  It started falling apart, but we love it so much we didn’t want to get rid of it.  So I had Jeff bring it inside and hang it near the register in our ceiling.  Now whenever the air condition or heat comes on, I get to hear its lovely tinkling sound.  It’s just enough to make me happy, but it doesn’t last long enough to bother me.  Just little snippets of “music” throughout my day.  Little gifts from God.    


No comments:

Post a Comment