Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Isaiah 41:10

Monday, October 17, 2022.  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve leaned on this verse for comfort, especially in the past year.  I’ve had to have several CT scans in the past few months which for me is like torture because I’m claustrophobic.  Yes, they say it’s fairly open nowadays, except to me, it’s not. It’s so close; it’s right in your face, and you’re supposed to stay perfectly still which somehow makes it worse, and did I mention that it’s right in your face?  I tell myself I could scoot out if I really had to, but that doesn’t seem to help.  So I try to put my mind elsewhere by praying and repeating Bible passages over and over, mainly, “Do not fear, for I am with you.”  Knowing God is right there with me gets me through it.  I put all of my concentration onto Him and everything going on around me falls away.  I forget that I’m in a tube that makes me feel trapped.  I forget that they’re testing to see what crazy thing is going on in my body.  I forget that it’s right in my face.  I forget to be scared - “do not fear”, to feel weak - “I will strengthen you”, to feel alone in that cold, empty tube - “I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”.  Yes, this verse has everything when I need comfort.  Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment