Sunday, October 16, 2022

Caviar

Saturday, October 15, 2022.  We took a couple of trips to Greece when my sister and I were kids, and we were lucky enough to travel on one of those huge transatlantic ships.  It was quite the experience.  There was a steward who went around with what I think was a xylophone -type thing and played a tone when it was time for meals. I can’t remember a lot about the food, but I do remember caviar!  My mom probably told us it was caviar, but when we questioned her further, I can guarantee she didn’t tell us it was fish eggs.  I remember it being black so I’m sure it took some convincing to get us to taste it.  I can’t say I remember exactly what it tasted like, but I do remember the texture.  The little pops in my mouth were so much fun!  And I know I must have liked the taste because I wanted more.  It was years into my adulthood before I realized that I had eaten caviar, and I doubt I could get myself to try it now.  I mean, come on, it’s fish eggs! Haha!  But you know, if my mom was still here, she could probably coax me into it.  I miss her.  Such an incredible, vibrant woman she was in those days.  And what fortunate children we were.  Sailing the Atlantic, eating caviar… And having such loving parents which is worth all the caviar in the world.  Thank you, Jesus.  


No comments:

Post a Comment