Friday, January 18, 2013

Early Morning Sun

Today is the last day of my daily blog.  I had set out to write here every day for a year, and somehow, by the grace of God, I managed to do it.  Some days were easy, and some days were a struggle, but the struggle usually wasn't with finding God in my day, it was in finding the words to write about it.  I think my favorite part of this whole venture was hearing where other people found God.  Because of this blog, it opened the door for them to tell me about it, and I felt so very blessed when they did.  I'm not sure yet how I'll continue.  I may not write at all for a while, but I plan to write when the spirit moves me, whenever that happens to be.  The invitation is open to anyone reading this to write here whenever they want to.  You can do it on this blog (though it makes you go through a few hoops), or you can write on the facebook page Finding God .  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  My next project is praying in color.  Pat W. mentioned it in one of our meetings a few months ago, and since then the thought has never left me.  When something keeps nagging at me, I take it as a sign from God that I need to do something about it.  I ordered some supplies a week or so ago, and coincidentally (or not?), they arrived today.  So my new project to communicate with God has started on exactly the day that my old one ended.  I find God in that.
As far as today, my last daily post, I found God in the beautiful scene over the sound this morning.  We had to drive to Virginia Beach today, and as we crossed the bridge, I looked back and saw the sun radiating through a bank of clouds.  It cast a golden beam across the water and shot rays across the sky in a way that can only be described as heavenly.  It was so beautiful it was dangerous as I kept looking over my shoulder to admire it while trying to stay in my lane on the bridge!  Such beauty is truly a gift from God, and I found Him as I crossed a bridge in more ways than one in the gorgeous early morning sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment