Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gold-tipped Clouds

When I opened my curtains this morning, the view took my breath away.  The sun was just rising, and the sky was filled with clouds that looked as if they were tipped in gold.  I ran for my camera, but by the time I got outside there were fewer clouds and the color was fading.  It amazes me how quickly the sky changes.  I'm always disappointed when I miss a shot, I think it'll never be that way again.  But then I guess that's part of the glory of nature - the constant change, the fleeting beauty.  Though it's not actually fleeting, just changing.  Because there's always another sunrise, or sunset, or cloud-filled sky that takes my breath away - truly a gift from God.  I found Him today in the glorious sky that greeted me on my first look out the window.

This is the picture I took this morning.  Not quite as awesome as the shot I missed, but still beautiful, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment