Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Perfect Timing

I had some errands to run this morning, and all that went fine.  But when I got home I was hit with an excruciating headache.  I tried taking a walk thinking the fresh air would help, but it didn't.  I tried drinking some hot tea hoping it would relax me and quiet the pain, but that didn't work either.  Finally, I just gave up and laid down on the couch with my arm over my eyes.  And guess what?  I got some relief.  As soon as I got up, the pain came back, and I realized I needed to dim the light.  Even though it's overcast outside, the light was still bothering me.  So I closed the curtains, sat down, and rested my head on the couch.  Finally, finally, the headache was fading.  As I sat there with my eyes closed, I thought about where I could find God in a day mostly filled with that awful headache.  And I realized that it was in the timing again.  My afternoon was free of anything pressing that needed to be done.  Jeff and Marlayna are both at work so everything is quiet.  There are leftovers in the frig so I don't have to worry about dinner.  The only thing that helped my head was a darkened house, quiet, and time to rest.  God gave me those conditions this afternoon.  I found Him today in the perfect timing that allowed me relief from my pounding head.

No comments:

Post a Comment