Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know I write about food a lot, but I can't help it, I love food!  The fact that we can get so much enjoyment out of what at it's core is fuel for our bodies is truly a gift.  Now I'll admit that chocolate chip cookies aren't necessarily high quality body fuel, but I think I could live on them very happily if I had to.  It's taken me three years to finally come up with a good gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe.  My favorite "regular" chocolate chip cookie is the Toll House cookie recipe, and I just could not seem to duplicate it.  The flavor would be good, but not the texture, or vice versa.  And then when I got both of those right, the cookie only stayed soft and chewy for the first day.  By the second day, it would crumble when you bit into it.  I tried everything I could think of, and then I stumbled across a recipe that used instant vanilla pudding in the mix.  I thought, "Why not? I've tried everything else".  The first try was close, but not quite there.  A few more tweaks and I had it!  I'm as close to the original Toll House cookie as I'm ever going to get.  And oh my goodness, what a treat!  It was the perfect day for baking - cold, overcast, and blustery.  When I bit into that warm cookie with the melty chocolate chips... mmmmmm.  Heaven.  I found God today in the perfect gluten and dairy free chocolate chip cookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment