Monday, January 14, 2013

Cartoon Mushrooms

I was walking out to the mailbox when a spot of something red caught my eye.  As I got closer I was thinking "trash?", "candy?", but no, it was mushrooms!  Red mushrooms with white indented spots; they almost looked like something had been eating them.  I couldn't believe it.  I've seen some crazy-looking mushrooms in the yard, but nothing quite like this.  They looked like something out of a cartoon!  In fact, when I showed them to Marlayna the first thing she said was, "That's a Mario mushroom!" - as in the Mario Brothers video game.  (I've never seen it so I wouldn't know.)  They looked so fake that I turned one of them over to be sure they were real.  God's natural world never ceases to amaze me whether it's through unimaginable beauty or something so strange as to almost be comical, like those crazy red and white mushrooms.  I found Him today in another of His amazing natural wonders - funny little cartoon mushrooms.




No comments:

Post a Comment