Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Squirrel Comedy

When I took my walk this morning, I was thinking that it felt like spring.  Apparently, the squirrels agreed with me.  Before Marlayna left for work this morning, she sat to talk with me for a few minutes, and as we chatted, we noticed a commotion outside.  There were four squirrels chasing each other around. We have jasmine vines covering the fence behind our pool, and two of them were running up and down the railings.  One would disappear within the vines for a few seconds, then pop out and run.  They looked like they were playing hide-and-seek!  The other two were racing up and down and back and forth across the fountain that is now off for the winter.  It was like watching kids on a jungle gym.  While these four creatures were getting their cardio workout, a fifth chubby little guy was just sitting on the upper deck railing munching on a nut.  He had his back to their antics, seemingly bored with the crazy squirrelly games they were playing.  It was his total lack of interest in what his buddies were up to that made the whole thing so funny.  I found God today watching the squirrel comedy put on by my furry little friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment