Sunday, January 6, 2013

Scent of Chicken Soup

Everyone in the family has been at least mildly sick over the past few weeks.  We're all mostly better, but I decided a good dose of chicken soup was just what we needed.  So today, before we left for church, I got the soup started in the crockpot.  As often happens, when I leave the house for some reason, I forget that I've got the crockpot going till I get home.  When I opened the door to come in the house, the soul-warming scent of chicken soup just swept over me.  Oh my goodness!  I was ready to dig in right then.  But no, I'm waiting for dinner, and reveling in the smell of the soup.  It's cold, rainy, and overcast, a perfect day for homemade chicken noodle soup, and I can't wait to eat it!  I found God today in that first amazing whiff of yummy chicken soup when I walked in the door from church.

No comments:

Post a Comment