Monday, January 7, 2013

The Suspenders

I found God in a roundabout way today.  Jeff has been pretty down since his cat died, and today was the first day since then that he's had to go back to Maryland.  When he left this morning, he was trying to put on a brave face, but I could see he was not doing too great.  He usually calls me when he gets to the first Wawa which is always his first stop for gas and snacks.   I was expecting him to sound down, so I was very surprised that he had such an upbeat tone to his voice.  He said "You're not going to believe what I was just talking to someone about."  An older woman at the Wawa told him how much she liked his suspenders!  Of all things to brighten his mood.  I had gotten them for him for Christmas after he mentioned how much he liked them.  It's amazing how positive feedback from strangers can make you feel so good.  You expect it more from family and friends, so when it comes unsolicited like that, it gives you such a boost.  They continued to chat about a few other things and the whole experience left him in a happier mood.  That in turn made me very happy.  God works in mysterious ways, and I believe that this morning He was in that Wawa helping my husband feel better.  So today I ended up finding God in a stranger's comment about Jeff's suspenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment